We all like to know ahead of time what is going to happen to us, especially when a new procedure has been scheduled that we have never had before. Knowing ahead of time allows our minds time to process the steps and we don’t feel nearly as nervous. If you don’t know what to expect you can often feel quite stressed out, even with something as simple as IPL Skin Rejuvenation.
So here is a brief rundown of what to expect when you go for your first IPL skin rejuvenation procedure. But firstly, it is essential to choose a reputable practitioner who has been fully trained and is highly experienced with many happy patients. This may be a simple treatment but it is still a medical procedure and should be treated as such. Letting just anyone do it can cause a whole host of problems.
When you choose the doctor and discuss your needs with them they will advise you on the best skin care treatment for your type of skin. IPL Skin Rejuvenation is not suitable for every skin type. However, once you get the go ahead and make that appointment, here is what you can expect to happen.
Most women spend time caring for their facial skin, but often neglect their hands to a great extent. Even having decorated or polished nails won’t cover up hands that are wrinkled and old looking. And since the state of our hands can give away our age to some extent, anyone who wants to look younger should give their hands some TLC.
Here are some tips to keep your hands happy
- Wear cotton gloves outside if you are working in the garden or mowing.
- Wear rubber gloves while washing up and when using harsh chemicals for cleaning.
- Don’t put your hands in really hot or icy cold water as this will turn them red and the hot water will take all the natural oils out of them.
- Wear sunscreen on the backs of your hands – and lower arms – when driving for long periods. Don’t put it on your palms as it can make your hands slippery. You can also wear fingerless gloves while driving to protect your hands from sun damage.
A lot of teens don’t like the idea of getting braces on their teeth, but the expertise of an orthodontist is needed to ensure your teeth are aligned properly and are straight. Otherwise there will be a lot of dental problems for you later on. You may even have some now, if your teeth are crooked or if your bite is incorrect.
In addition, there are sure to be plenty of others in your age group also having similar treatment, so you won’t stick out like a sore thumb; you’ll be in good company. So what’s the first thing that will happen?
- The first appointment will be for an examination only. You may have to take x-rays from the dentist; if not, they will most likely be taken at this time. Then the orthodontist will discuss with you and your parents what the problem is and the treatment necessary, how long it will take and what it will cost.